Egmont A&P Association
The Egmont Agricultural & Pastoral Association has been established in Hawera since 1883 and continues to be a group of equestrian, business and farming people who share many rural interests in common.
The first show at the Burnside grounds was held in 1958, the 75th for the Association.
The organisation is not for profit and the core business is to provide a community venue and an annaul A&P show.
The Egmont Showgrounds situated off Waihi Road, Hawera, comprises of an area of thirty two hectares, twenty of which is leased out as farmland, with the remaining twelve hectares being a community event venue.
The facility hosts an indoor arena predominately used for Equestrian events, a large grass oval with a 700 seat grandstand and covered stabling for up to 200 horses plus another 100 + outdoor yards. There are two large expo buildings, ample parking, powered caravan parking and numerous other smaller facilities.
The close proximity to the town centre, supermarkets, swimming pool, accommodation, parks and the TSB Hub make it a favorable venue for national sporting events.